As businesses get set to enter the home stretch of 2014 and look ahead to the New Year, there are a number of items on their “wish list” for the holiday season. Whether it is a bigger office space, faster computers or maybe even comfier chairs, all businesses have something they want to help them run better in 2015.
For many businesses, receiving some IT-related gifts can do wonders for helping them run efficiently and become more productive. With that in mind, let’s take a look at the top ten IT gifts your business should wish for this holiday season.
- A magical cloud where you can safely store all your important data and access it easily from anywhere: This isn’t just something that exists in fairy tales. A cloud-based solution can really help your business cut costs and save physical space. Just make sure you do your homework before making any changes to your infrastructure.
- Multiple widescreen monitors at your workspace: Almost everyone asks for a big screen TV for the holidays at least once, so why shouldn’t your business get in on the fun? Providing your employees with multiple widescreen monitors will allow them to stay more organized and multi-task better.
- 2-in-1s (convertible laptops and tablets) to turn your employees into lean, mean, mobile machines: Having 2-in-1s connected to your main network allows for your employees’ primary computers to go everywhere with them. This helps create a workforce that can function just as efficiently outside of the office.
- Smart phones that make your workers look… well… smart: Having the “coolest” smart phone is great, but when it comes to using a mobile device like this for your business, what’s more important is what your employees can accomplish with it. Is your company email easy to access from a smart phone? Are you running systems or applications that function properly on mobile devices? Make sure your smart phones are actually making your business run smarter.
- A brand new, top of the line website: Not only will this make your friends (and competitors) jealous, but it will make your business the talk of the town. Get a dazzling website that is responsive and looks great across all platforms. Spruce it up with the latest content and a great user experience to wow your prospects and customers.
- Up-to-date workstations, servers and other hardware: Everyone loves new toys for the holidays, and your business should be no different. Don’t let old equipment slow you down. Take the opportunity to create a plan for upgrading your company to better, faster hardware to make your business run more efficiently and securely.
- Peace of Mind: Speaking of being secure, one of the more common wishes during the holidays is for peace on earth. While that’s a great wish for all to have, you can also ask for peace of mind when it comes to your business and the security of your information. Make sure you are staying up to date with the latest security measures to keep your business safe.
- Software applications that work for you: Whether it is utilizing a CRM system with automated workflows to help your marketing and sales or using a custom e-commerce system to sell your products, your company can greatly benefit from using software applications that will streamline your business processes. Whether you use an application already out there or have a custom one tailored to your business needs, make sure you find the best fit to help your business accomplish more.
- Tools to help you get more customers: During the holiday season, your business should also be in the gift-giving mood. In your case, you want to give outstanding products and services to your current customers and give your prospects reasons to do business with you. Your company can consider a marketing plan with an agency or utilizing a marketing software platform that can help you track leads, communicate with customers and evaluate the efficacy of your marketing endeavors.
- An IT partner that understands your business: Last but not least, the holidays are about spending time with your family and loved ones. Isn’t it great to have people around you who understand you and can help you succeed? You should be able to find that for your business as well. Many of the items on this list—and countless others as well—are exciting technology endeavors that your business can consider. But before jumping right in, it is important to understand how the technology will impact your business. The advice and consultation from an expert IT services provider will put your business in the right place to succeed for 2015 and beyond.
What do you think of this list? Anything you’d add or remove? Let us know in the comments section below.
Are you interested in receiving one or more of these great IT gifts for your business? Contact us today to speak with an IT expert to help get you started.